The demand for duke isn't correct, I have a queen, but still only have a countess. No dukes.
This seems to imply that the "queen consort" or "king consort" only come with the monarch. However I just received a "queen consort" with my first wave of immigrants.
Running 34.07 the king came dressed as a peasant after I discovered adamantine.
Confirming the above, I was only a barony and the king just arrived. I actually haven't even gone down to the first cavern yet, let alone discovered adamantine. The king is wearing standard clothing (no quality). He is also a blatant vampire... "Rigoth Alathber, king vampire" with the Ñ symbol and all.
I'm also not so sure about the road requirement. I only have 4 3x10 and 1 4x9 Claystone Block Paved Roads... That is 42 blocks, each worth 5 for a total material value of 210. This is version 34.11 btw. --Takitaktak 10:18, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
- Bridges also count. And you can't just count the materials; roads and bridges have quality, so the skill levels of both the architect and builder increase the constructions' values. 'n' -> 'c' shows you the road value with all factors taken into account, so use that as a guide if you're trying to avoid getting prematurely kinged Urist McDorf 06:37, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
Confirming even more the above as a vampire king arrived in my fortress where i didn't even have a barony neither did i have roads, BUT i did offer a real LOT of stuff to the dwarven caravan (185777)
34.11 here. County, no roads at all. Offered about 10-11K. King arrived and is a blatant vampire. Great Cthulhu 22:12, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- Did you get any special announcement about the King's arrival (i.e. a fullscreen message, just like the arrival of a siege), or did he just show up as part of a migrant wave? --Quietust 23:29, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, only just saw your message. I think there was an announcement, but I'm not sure. I am sure that he arrived with a retinue of legendaries, though. Great Cthulhu 22:01, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
The Lethosor 22:00, 23 November 2012 (UTC)- option appears for me as a city. --
- Clarification: I have 193 dwarves and recently hit 1159975☼ created wealth. Maybe over 1 million ☼ is required? --Lethosor 22:09, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
 Monarch requirements can vary somewhat
It's been mentioned before that the requirements (architecture and offerings, but not roads as of, what, v34.01?) can vary somewhat. At present I have a king-ready (>140 dwarfizens) fort, and my requirements are architecture 10K (current 34K) and offerings 7500 (current 0). Thinking of replacing the numbers with just "varies", but if 15K and 5K are what most people see, it's still useful information. Perhaps add a "values can vary" and/or a "see notes" in the side bar with an explanation in the text. Urist McDorf 10:23, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- Back in version 0.23.130.23a, the logic was "10000☼ architecture, 5000☼ roads, and 5000☼ offerings, with one of the 3 requirements boosted by 50%", so you could end up with 15000/5000/5000, 10000/7500/5000, or 10000/5000/7500. --Quietust 11:18, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
 King is dead
I just lost my king to an ambush. Does it mean that I will get replacement or I will not have king anymore?