How do I get my dwarves to haul ores and ignore useless stones
What you want to do is create a stone stockpile that doesn't allow normal stones to be carried to it.
- When you have the stockpile menu open , select Custom stockpile settings .
- Scroll down to Stone and nable it.
- You will see three categories appear in the middle column, 'Metal Ores', 'Economic stones', and 'Other'.
- Scroll across to the stone categories and orbid 'Economic stones' and 'Other'.
- Now exit out of the settings menu, and you will be able to place a stockpile that will only store 'Metal Ores'.
 Unique ores
You can choose to create a stockpile that only stores one kind of ore - for instance, just copper nuggets.
- Forbid 'Metal Ores'.
- Now scroll across to Metal Ore types.
- Now scroll down to 'Copper nuggets' and press - you will notice that both 'Copper nuggets' and 'Metal Ores' becomes a lighter shade of grey. Note you can have more than one type of ore selected if you wish.
- Exit out of the menu and place the stockpile.
 Changing stockpile settings
You can alter a stockpiles settings at any time by using the examine buildings menu. Simply hover over it and you will see a number of options come up on the right hand window, including 'stockpile settings' . This will take you to the same menu as you saw earlier.
|How do I get my dwarves to haul stones only from certain areas?|
|How do I find ores to mine?|
|How do I get my dwarves to haul ores and ignore useless stones?|
|How do I get rid of all this stone?|
|How do I stop miners from falling in channels as they dig them?|
|What causes a cave-in?|
|Back to the Main FAQ|