|This article is about an older version of DF.|
The embark_profiles.txt file contains any embark profiles (or starting builds) you have created. It is found at data/init/embark_profiles.txt. Most of these can be transferred between minor versions (e.g. v0.34.10 to v0.34.11), but you need to remember to do so.
Each profile begins with a [PROFILE] tag, followed by a [TITLE:name] tag.
Skills are identified by their skill token. The syntax for skills is:
where # is the dwarf (1-7), "skill name" is the skill, and "level" is the number representing how skilled the dwarf is.
Note that skills are capped at Proficient (5), and this is checked by the game on embark, so it's not possible to start with legendary dwarves. There are other ways to do this (see Cheating or User:Vjek for more information).
Items are identified by their material and item tokens, the same format as reactions:
[ITEM:quantity:(material token):(item token)]
- "Creature" is the creature ID found in the raws (e.g. CAT for cats).
- "Caste" is the caste ID, which can also be found in the raws. Most creatures have MALE and FEMALE castes.
- "Age" can be either STANDARD (for adults) or CHILD (for children).
 Obtaining new profiles
- Most versions of the Lazy Newb Pack include a set of basic embark profiles, available here.
- The Masterwork mod includes a set of embark profiles as well.
|Settings||colors.txt • init.txt • interface.txt|
|Gameplay settings||announcements.txt • d_init.txt|
|Other||arena.txt • embark_profiles.txt • world_gen.txt|