Dwarf Fortress Wiki:Request for Adminship/Albedo
Administrator Candidacy Questionnaire
Why would I be a good Administrator?
I just added my name to the list for Asst. Admin for this site. As a site User, I've tried to support the Admin as best I can, editing with comments, posting links to the Guidelines on over-enthusiastic newbie's pages, stuff like that. I'm active on site most days/week. And if you could see the look on my face, you'd know I'm not over-eager for this, which is a good thing. It's always dangerous to hire people who volunteer, but I have the time and energy, so... why not?
If you care about "What has Albedo done?", here are some things I'd not blush about if someone were to mention them:
- Instituted a use for current events page, where you just read about my application.
- Complete edit of more articles than I can remember - not "rewrite" (altho' that too), but just re-organizing and formatting what was there and tying it together.
- Re-organized all the randomly titled design pages into formal "X design" article format.
- Added the Welcome template to more newcomers than I can remember.
- Added more redirects and disambigs than I care to remember (including welcome, among others).
- Just added all this info to my User page moments before Briess instituted this form. :P
Meh - In short, I'm active enough and have a decent sense of writing and organization, both for a single article and for a collection of them.
Vote me. Yay. --Albedo 10:25, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- Link to any articles you are particularly proud of.
- Conceived of veins and clusters page, combining many random pages into that one article. My first solo article.
- Re-organized and partially re-wrote the various and scattered "defense" pages (Defense guide, Defense design, Military design, Trap design, and related others) into their current format. See Talk: Fortress Defensefor an idea of what it was before. This was a bitch, as it was a complete cluster before. Established editing policies in an attempt to never go there again. (Open any of those pages to edit and read <-Notes to editors->), and/or see relevant discussion pages).
- Consulting on the Talk pages, conceived and wrote or re-wrote the current armor, armor piece, weapon, dwarven weapon and other weapon pages.
- re-did the Color schemes page so the colors and differences could actually be seen at a glance, and the process understood.
- Saw the need, created this tag and implemented its use:
|MOD||This page includes mods. The content is not part of normal DF as released. Changing game files can sometimes cause unexpected results, and should always be done with care and caution.|
- Q: Example question from a user goes here. Make sure to sign it with --~~~~!
- A: Administrator candidate's answer goes here.
- Discuss things here, yay
Shaun White kicked. Seriously. --Albedo 10:50, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- SUPPORT: Blah blah blah, signature
- STRONG SUPPORT: blah blah blah
- OPPOSE: Blah blah blah, here's why, signature
- NEUTRAL| blah blah blah here's why signature