Welcome to this wiki! Dwarf Fortress rapidly becomes more complicated, and we're always glad to have new writers.
Since you should try to follow wiki standards, and you probably don't know ours yet, we've made a list of basic guidelines. Note that this is a template, not a customized message for you.
- To tell us who you are when you talk, please sign your posts on discussion pages by typing
- Don't put a question mark in the title of a page. Question marks mess things up, and your page will be moved to a different name.
- When making comments on a talk page, use one more colon before each line in your comment than was used in the comment you reply to. In general, put exactly one empty line between comments by different users but do not use blank lines inside of a comment.
- Avoid making many small edits to a page. Instead, try to make one large edit. This makes the history of the page a lot easier to read.
- Don't edit the user page of another user. If you want to tell them something, add the comment to their talk page.
- If you put a comment at the bottom of a talk page with section headers, you've probably put it in a section. Putting things in the wrong sections is confusing. You can create a section!
- Generally, read and follow the rules. They're like a little constitution, except not boring! Really, read them.
Hey. Colour/colour, armour/armor, and all the others - this site uses either or both. There is no "correct", no "preferred". There can't be - it's not a British site, not an American site - so we accept both, and don't edit out either, even within the same article by a different spelling. If you want to add text, feel free to use your preferred spelling; if there's a link that needs to be added in, likewise. But if you see something pre-existing that doesn't use your spelling, the best you can do is add a redirect (as was recently done with "colour -> color". The alternative is to exclude and condemn half of our users - and we shouldn't go there. Readya later. --Albedo 18:09, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for an anonymous user who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it. We therefore have to use the numerical IP address to identify him/her. Such an IP address can be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users.