How do I get rid of Goblinite?
I killed some invading goblins and they dropped socks and tunics. I've tried dumping them, moving them by building stuff on them, and everything I can think of, and in every game of DF I've ever played, these items always just stay on the ground and cannot be dumped. I have a refuse stockpile which is not full and Gather Refuse From Outside is enabled. How do I dump these items.--22.214.171.124 19:48, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Enable collection of refuse from outdoors. Also, items marked for Dumping end up in garbage dump activity zones (ideally ones placed underneath a raised drawbridge), not refuse stockpiles. --Quietust 23:24, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- Sometimes dwarves claim cloth goblinite for themselves. If they don't own a cabinet, the clothes won't be hauled into any stockpile or dumped. You can check if this is the case by looing at the items: If they are owned by a dwarf, you could just build him a cabinet.--Doub 11:38, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- This was the issue - cloth goblinite was claimed as soon as its owner was killed, and the dwarves had nowhere to put their socks and tunics. To each dwarf that had claimed a piece, I assigned a bedroom with a cabinet, and they stored the items in their rooms.--126.96.36.199 12:38, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Please excuse Quietust being little rough, but you have to understand that the (or a) wiki is for finding answers and the forum (here) is perfect place to ask questions . And messing a page up with your question isn't the right way, if every one would do this.. hmm maybe you can imagine. Back to topic: could it be that the stuff is forbidden? Try reclaiming it. Of course you could also try smashing it with a DAS. Greetings --Used 21:16, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hauling is, generally speaking, a low-priority task. After you reclaim the goblinite, the job might still get buried way down in the stack so that the socks sit out there season after season. You can try using specialized haulers, reforbidding/unforbidding the item again, and placing stockpiles nearby. When a caravan comes, you should be able to designate non-refuse items for trade and they'll have a higher haul priority (of course, they won't be listed in their normal categories, so you'll have to do it from the general designate-for-trade screen). -- Ancient History 21:29, 15 July 2010 (UTC)