Dwarf Fortress Wiki:Centralized Discussion
This page is for listing various wiki-related discussions. In this sense you can get involved in any of the major initiatives on the wiki and find information on how a particular consensus was reached. If there is a discussion that you'd like to be viewed by more users feel free to list it here.
Items will be occasionally removed from this list to ensure its usability and relevance. To discuss centralized discussion itself or this article please use the talk page.
- To view changes to the below discussions click here.
 Starting a new discussion
- If the discussion relates to a specific article, start a discussion on its talk page (the "discussion" tab at the top of the page). If it does not exist and you are unable to create it, feel free to request it.
- If the discussion relates to a specific policy, start it on the relevant talk page and link to it below (under "Current Discussions")
- If the discussion relates to the wiki in general (a request for comment, suggestion, etc.) or a large group of pages, create a subpage of this page (e.g.
DF:Centralized Discussion/DISCUSSION_NAME_HERE) and link to it below.
 Current Discussions
- Animal Raws for Animal Men - Discussing adding the Raws of the respective creatures to their Animal Man counterparts
- Announcements: To discuss possible implementations and locations of wiki-related announcements
- Translating the wiki: To discuss the possibility of setting up a translation system on the wiki
- 0.42-micro-template - When and how to mark minor 0.42-specific content when the full banner is not practical for formatting reasons.
 Old Discussions
- These have all been inactive for >1 month. But feel free to comment on them if you have something to add, then move the line to current discussions above.
- Feedback reporter: To discuss the implementation of a new feedback reporting tool.
- Centralized Discussion - To discuss this page and the general concept of Centralized discussion.
- Masterwork talk:Community portal - To discuss editing guidelines specific to the new Masterwork wiki.
- Spambot attacks - Discussion of the recent (1/29/2011) spambot attacks.
- Redundancy - Articles should repeat tabled info as text.
- Article Consolidation - Are there too many articles forever destined to be stubs? (Ores/Stones/Gems) that can be replaced by tables?
- Real World Information - Discussing the place of real world information in wiki articles.
- Quality labels - Place to discuss the Quality label, as well as the process of labeling articles.
- Main Page - To discuss the layout of the main page, and the purpose of the main page talk for discussion.\
- Improvement Drive (Talk) - Wiki improvement drive
- Wiki Versioning process - Archived (as of 4/20) discussion about how to proceed with article versioning for the DF 03.31 (DF2010) upgrade. Project page describes how it was done and how articles are organized to support multiple different game versions.
- Community Portal - General discussion area, also to discuss the community portal page itself.
- Current events - old
- Announcements - About the Announcements box at the top of every page.
- Manual of style (talk) - A general discussion about article style, including subtopics such as spelling (English/UK), the place for humor, page layout, image use, and "vanity articles".
- Deletion Policy (talk) - To discuss the Deletion Policy.
- Magmawiki - Discussion about the on-going magmawiki project, which aims to replace mediawiki for this wiki's software.
- Request for Adminship - Discussions on granting Adminship to specific users
- Request for Adminship (talk) - Discussions on the Adminship-granting process
- Block Policy - The not yet created policy for blocking users.
 Article specific
- DF2012 Talk:Map legend — The map legend should cover what different background colors mean, not just foreground colors
- v0.31 Talk:How to correctly start fortress mode
- DF2012 Talk:Children — This page should be moved to DF2012:Child (first, that page needs to be vacated).
- DF2012 Talk:Bridge — Suggestion to remove or relocate to DF2012:Trap design a large section of the Bridge page, and replace with "See also"s.