Added a bit on training issues, as it gets asked about on the forums twice a week or so. The link to crossTraining isn't quite right, can anyone find the article on weapon-skill multi training?-- Quatch
- It's not consistent. All of the other weapon skills have individual pages. Presumably, they could all be merged into weapon or their respective weapon articles, but that seems like a worse solution. The weapon skill and the weapon itself are different things. Also, crossbow seems a bit cluttered with non-crossbow info. Related topics are usually handled with links. VengefulDonut 01:11, 14 December 2008 (EST)
- IMO there are several areas in this wiki where the information is spread over too many "related pages" - in fact that's why I wrote clothing industry, because I was frustrated trying to search everywhere for what to do next. But you have a point with crossbow, so I removed everything except bolts and quivers. --Juckto 18:18, 14 December 2008 (EST)
- What is a category of stuff that you think has too much page splitting? We can have it both ways, actually. Both individual item articles and larger compilations. Like the way the stones are set up. VengefulDonut 22:04, 14 December 2008 (EST)
 Starting stock
- I tested this recently; having weapon skills did not give embarking dwarves weapons, but ambusher did give them a crossbow, bolts, and some armor. However, I can't remember if I tested marksdwarf. Nonetheless, I believe LucienSadi is correct here. I'll remove the line from the article for now and double-check it later.--Maximus 10:57, 15 December 2008 (EST)
As I recall, you get equipment if the weapon skill is your highest starting skill? --Quatch
 "and embarking"?
Embark means to leave - are dwarves leaving the fort now? I'll admit I've never played a single fort for a long period. --Juckto 18:27, 14 December 2008 (EST)
- I think it refers to those you embark with. VengefulDonut 22:00, 14 December 2008 (EST)
Will wearing plate armor reduce the accuracy/damage of Marksdwarves? If so, does the Armor User skill reduce this penalty? --Aethios 21:40, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- It won't reduce the accuracy or damage per shot. However, encumbrance might slow down rate of fire, and armor user would alleviate that encumbrance. --LegacyCWAL 15:28, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
 Incorrect solution?
From the "Training" section:
The solution is to temporarily set the marksdwarf to use no weapon/armour/shield and set to off duty. This will cause the marksdwarf to drop carried items.
In my experience this doesn't work. The marksdwarf will wrestle normally, but won't actually drop anything, except perhaps the crossbow. I've replaced it with some advice I was given on the forum. --18.104.22.168 23:21, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
- I can't even get the dumping approach to work. It probably works if they're holding someone else's armor. But the result is apparently different if it's a personally owned item of clothing. Probably similar to the problem with spare socks lying around the barracks. It's very difficult to get rid of owned items that end up in the wrong place. – unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124