Chance of Infection
I question the implication that a humanoid with a "torn" injury has a chance NOT to become infected. I just watched four dwarves get bitten, and all four were infected. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Has anyone figured out the exact details of when a werebite infects someone? I recently had a mechanic bitten and shaken horribly before a friendly lumberjack disemboweled the werewombat assailant. The shaking inflicted massive injuries, but the bite itself only bruised the skin before grasping. The mechanic did not turn, and (barely) managed to survive the recovery process. Can anyone confirm a case in which a werebite both:
1) Failed to break the skin, and
2) Succeeded in infecting the victim?
It'd be VERY nice to know if your dwarves are going to go postal in a month immediately after the battle, rather than AFTER putting them through surgery and carrying out lengthy quarantine procedures.
adv mod times and durations
It's difficult to be precise, but the full phase appears to last 1.75 days. On 25th Granite it begins immediately at midnight and continues to sunset of the 26th. On 13th Limestone it appears to start around 03:00 and end around 21:00 the 14th. Uzu Bash (talk) 05:49, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- Sandstone 10 at sunset until Sandstone 12, ~3 hrs before sunset. Uzu Bash (talk) 04:11, 29 July 2017 (UTC)
- Timber 8, 3hrs to sunset until noon of Timber 10. Uzu Bash (talk) 09:37, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
- Moonstone 6 at noon until ~3 hrs after dawn on Moonstone 8. Start transformations appear to occur at the same time as the previous end transformation. Uzu Bash (talk) 00:55, 18 August 2017 (UTC)
- Opal 4 3 hrs after dawn until Opal 6, 3 hrs before dawn. Uzu Bash (talk) 00:21, 23 August 2017 (UTC)
- Obsidian 2nd a little after dawn, til Obsidian 4th a little after midnight. Uzu Bash (talk) 17:31, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
List of possible werebeasts
- Here’s the list, in case the forum thread meph put up today gets buried (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175999.0):
REPTILE_LIZARD REPTILE_CHAMELEON REPTILE_IGUANA REPTILE_GECKO REPTILE_SKINK REPTILE_GILA_MONSTER REPTILE_MONITOR REPTILE_TURTLE REPTILE_TORTOISE MAMMAL_OPOSSUM MAMMAL_KOALA MAMMAL_WOMBAT MAMMAL_KANGAROO MAMMAL_SLOTH MAMMAL_ANTEATER MAMMAL_ARMADILLO MAMMAL_SQUIRREL MAMMAL_MARMOT MAMMAL_BEAVER MAMMAL_GOPHER MAMMAL_RAT MAMMAL_MOUSE MAMMAL_PORCUPINE MAMMAL_CHINCHILLA MAMMAL_CAVY MAMMAL_CAPYBARA MAMMAL_RABBIT MAMMAL_HARE MAMMAL_LEMUR MAMMAL_LORIS MAMMAL_MONKEY MAMMAL_APE MAMMAL_HEDGEHOG MAMMAL_SHREW MAMMAL_MOLE MAMMAL_WOLF MAMMAL_COYOTE MAMMAL_FOX MAMMAL_JACKAL MAMMAL_RACCOON MAMMAL_COATI MAMMAL_WEASEL MAMMAL_BADGER MAMMAL_SKUNK MAMMAL_BEAR MAMMAL_PANDA MAMMAL_CAT MAMMAL_PANTHER MAMMAL_MONGOOSE MAMMAL_HYENA MAMMAL_CIVET MAMMAL_PANGOLIN MAMMAL_ELEPHANT MAMMAL_MAMMOTH MAMMAL_HORSE MAMMAL_ASS MAMMAL_ZEBRA MAMMAL_TAPIR MAMMAL_RHINOCEROS MAMMAL_PIG MAMMAL_WARTHOG MAMMAL_CAMEL MAMMAL_LLAMA MAMMAL_GIRAFFE MAMMAL_DEER MAMMAL_ELK MAMMAL_MOOSE MAMMAL_ANTELOPE MAMMAL_SHEEP MAMMAL_GOAT MAMMAL_BISON MAMMAL_BUFFALO MAMMAL_BULL