From Dwarf Fortress Wiki
|This article or section has been rated D for Dwarf. It may include witty humour, not-so-witty humour, bad humour, in-jokes, and references to the Bay12 forums. Don't believe everything you read, and if you miss some of the references, don't worry.|
Loosing (pron. loo-sing)
- Present participle of the verb "to loose," which means:
- "chanting in the bathroom" (cf. )
- "freeing", as in "setting loose" (Loosing the hounds of war)
- "causing to be loose" (Loosing a knot)
- "letting fly" (Loosing an arrow)
- "making less strict" (Loosening of trade restrictions)
Compare the similar verb "loosening."
Contrast with Losing (pron. loo-zing)
- Present participle of the verb "to lose", which is the opposite of winning.
Please learn the difference.