Welcome to this wiki! Dwarf Fortress rapidly becomes more complicated, and we're always glad to have new writers.
Since you should try to follow wiki standards, and you probably don't know ours yet, we've made a list of basic guidelines. Note that this is a template, not a customized message for you.
- To tell us who you are when you talk, please sign your posts on discussion pages by typing
- Don't put a question mark in the title of a page. Question marks mess things up, and your page will be moved to a different name.
- When making comments on a talk page, use one more colon before each line in your comment than was used in the comment you reply to. In general, put exactly one empty line between comments by different users but do not use blank lines inside of a comment.
- Avoid making many small edits to a page. Instead, try to make one large edit. This makes the history of the page a lot easier to read.
- Don't edit the user page of another user. If you want to tell them something, add the comment to their talk page.
- If you put a comment at the bottom of a talk page with section headers, you've probably put it in a section. Putting things in the wrong sections is confusing. You can create a section!
- Generally, read and follow the rules. They're like a little constitution, except not boring! Really, read them.
Hey, we really appreciate your work on this wiki - but please bear in mind that we want to try to avoid adding information to the new version pages that have not yet been confirmed. Your enthusiasm, however, is excellent - and we're glad to have you on board as an editor! --Briess 19:38, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- +1, Respect for taking the time to make sure waters are not muddied.--Albedo 22:22, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
 Plant Tokens
Ah, ok, good catch then in that case. Perhaps an unverified section is the way to go then? --Briess 19:45, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
Mixed in with some improvements you made in a recent edit, you changed the formatting of several links. For future reference, the preferred formatting of a link is [[dump]]ing instead of [[dump|dumping]]. Both result in the exact same link both visually and functionally, while the former is simply shorter. Happy editing! --timrem 16:52, 15 April 2012 (UTC)
If it weren't pictured right there in the article, I wouldn't know what you meant by "circumflex", but I know exactly what "caret" means. I assume you're correct in calling it that, and since "^" is displayed right there I'm not going to revert it. Seems like it may be a regional thing? I dunno, just felt like mentioning it. Happy editing! --timrem 22:38, 24 April 2012 (UTC)
 "Few contributors"
Eh, to be honest this facet should probably be thrown out - if someone wrote a very detailed analysis of pathing for instance, does it really need other contributors to be super-duper? Not that many people are active on here either way. I probably won't stick around for crazy long either =).
That being said, I think there's a lot of exceptional articles that should be masterwork. Resident Mario 02:47, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
I've retroactively moved "Relationship" to "Relationships" because I think that's a better title (dwarves seldom have a single relationship, no?). However the av template seems to be acting...strangely...you know how to fix? Resident Mario 02:57, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind, it seems to be working now. Strange. Resident Mario 00:21, 21 May 2012 (UTC)