|This utility page is about v0.42.02, the current version of DF.|
Stonesense is a third party visualizer, implemented as a DFHack plugin, that lets you view your Dwarf Fortress world in a classic isometric perspective.
 For Users
The standard function (dfhack "stonesense") opens a separate viewer window, which has read-only access to the game. It can follow the game view, or be moved independently.
As of June 2014, it is also possible to use Stonesense as a live overlay of the map in the main Dwarf Fortress window, replacing the usual 2D tiles. The DFHack command for this is "stonesense overlay". For best results, edit [segmentsize_z:2] in init.txt, and if you are unable to see the edges of the map with the overlay active try also decreasing the [segmentsize_XY] - normal values are 50 to 80 depending on screen resolution.
|Left click||Move debug cursor (if available)|
|Scrollwheel||Move up and down|
|Right click||Recenter screen|
|Ctrl-Scroll||Increase/decrease Z depth shown|
|Movement controls||View Filters|
|Enter||Rotate view 90 degrees||D||Toggle Designations|
|R||Reload segment||I||Toggle Stocks|
|C||Chop walls||U||Toggle Zones|
|S||Toggle single layer||M||Toggle Creature Moods|
|. (Period)||Zoom in||P||Cycle Professions (off/icons/names)|
|, (Comma)||Zoom out||J||Cycle Jobs (off/icon/description)|
|N||Toggle Creatures Names|
|B||Shade hidden tiles|
|H||Show hidden tiles|
These lists of key bindings are not exhaustive. The most up-to-date and complete list can be found at the Stonesense Github page.
 For modders and developers
- If you just want to add existing content: The Stonesense Content Repository contains content packs that allow you to extend Stonesense functionality. These packs are made by members of the DF community.
- If you want to create your own content: You can learn how to create custom content for Stonesense at Utility:Stonesense/Adding_Content
- If you want to tweak Stonesense's source code : Stonesense is one of the many DFHack plugins. It comes with DFHack's source code, and if you manage to compile DFHack, then you've managed to compile Stonesense.
- Stonesense was written by Jonask, peterix, kaypy and Japa.
- Lead graphic development was done by Solifuge.
- Dfhack library was written by peterix.
- Additional Graphics and code were contributed by many many people, including (in alphabetical order):
- 7¢ Nickel, BatCountry, Belal, DeKaFu, Dante, Deon, dyze, Errol, fifth angel, frumpton, IDreamOfGiniCoeff, Impaler, Japa, jarathor, Jiri Petru, Lord Nightmare, McMe, Mike Mayday, Nexii Malthus, peterix, Seuss, soup, Talvara, winner, Xandrin.
(This list is not rigorously updated)