Stonesense is a third party visualizer, implemented as a DFHack plugin, that lets you view your Dwarf Fortress world in a classic isometric perspective.
 For Users
There is a project underway to use stonesense as a game overlay, breaking the 2D nature of Dwarf Fortress's view for the first time. However, the project is not ready to use yet and has no ETA.
 For modders and developers
- If you just want to add existing content: The Stonesense Content Repository contains content packs that allow you to extend Stonesense functionality. These packs are made by members of the DF community.
- If you want to create your own content: You can learn how to create custom content for Stonesense at Utility:Stonesense/Adding_Content
- If you want to tweak Stonesense's source code : Stonesense is one of the many DFHack plugins. It comes with DFHack's source code, and if you manage to compile DFHack, then you've managed to compile Stonesense.
- Stonesense was written by Jonask, peterix, kaypy and Japa.
- Lead graphic development was done by Solifuge.
- Dfhack library was written by peterix.
- Additional Graphics and code were contributed by many many people, including (in alphabetical order):
- 7¢ Nickel, BatCountry, Belal, DeKaFu, Dante, Deon, dyze, Errol, fifth angel, frumpton, IDreamOfGiniCoeff, Impaler, Japa, jarathor, Jiri Petru, Lord Nightmare, McMe, Mike Mayday, Nexii Malthus, peterix, Seuss, soup, Talvara, winner, Xandrin.
(This list is not vigorously updated)