This seems like a rather important article to be tattered. Anyone know what should go on this page? I'm thinking a bit about the industry to make clothes, and some information on how clothing degrades over time.
- This article doesn't deserve it's current high rating without more information. I second the need for both of the above (at least a link to clothing industry), and I also suggest some info about the how clothing interacts with armor.
- what clothing goes on which body part.
This article needs some words about what can and can't be done about discarded clothing lying all over the fortress.
- Not difficult to handle if you are willing to use the d-b-h combination to hide it or d-b-d to dump. As well, if your dwarves own a chest, they will store clothing in it instead of leaving it about. Same goes for cabinets, I think, but am not sure. J 21:46 28 September, 2010.
- As far as I've seen, dumping doesn't work on owned items. Also, any suggestion to simply hide the item should probably include the caveat that hidden stuff can still be stolen (and, I'm guessing, can still interfere with building things on that square). Also, a dwarf that owns one chest can still leave his stuff around - I've had problems getting a dwarf that already owns a bedroom and cabinet to pull his socks out of the doorway until I assigned him a second room (with a second cabinet).188.8.131.52 06:30, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- The above user is right. You'll have to use DFHack to force those dwarves to relinquish ownership of their clothing. That will let you dump it. 184.108.40.206 04:08, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm new to DF, but I'm finding worn-out clothes (X or XX) in my clothing bins when I trade, I assume dwarves are swapping their used clothes for new ones from the bins. Not all of my dwarves are doing this, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on, maybe it isn't them, or maybe they only do it if they have enough downtime. On a different note, maybe there can be some info about metal clothes in this article?--220.127.116.11 20:12, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- Note that items belonging to deceased dwarves may end up in the bins. If the departed had a spouse (not a lover) or a child, they inherit the owned stuff, but if not, it becomes community property (and gets stored in the stockpiles).18.104.22.168 06:30, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
What do you make?
What clothes do you make for the dwarves for when their old clothes wear away? Richards 19:17, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
- Relative noob here, came to the page looking for exactly this information. So I'm thinking of adding a section: Clothing Your Dwarves. Links to Clothesmaking and Clothier's shop, of course, as well as Leather. Then it looks like my dwarves like to wear trousers AND a dress, with a robe on top of it? Plus socks, shoes, gloves and a cap. Indoors. Maybe they get cold easily. I'd appreciate any insight on the relative benefits of cloth vs leather, especially wrt armor users. Confusador 17:39, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
- Trouble is, dwarves in 0.31 never actually put on any of the clothes they acquire - until this bug is fixed, this is largely moot. --Quietust 18:21, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
What circumstances cause a dwarf to claim a piece of clothing? I have a cluttered workshop and piles full of clothes and naked dwarfs running around.
- My dwarves will claim clothing when their old stuff decays, but they store it in their cabinets and run around naked also. Don't see anything about this mentioned on the bug tracker. --Octorok 23:30, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
I have been playing DF for a long time now, but have never kept a fortress long enough to need new clothes. Now I have gotten much farther(108 dwarves) yet don't know how to make them. Can anyone tell me? --Joejr50 00:25, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
Naked dwarves everywhere
Well,I recently realized about some of my dwarves are naked because their old clothing went old and/or went broken.I have literally tons of clothing in my stockpiles and I wonder if I can order my dwarves to put on some cloths and how can I do,because is a bit weird to see that my baroness is completely naked.
Posted on 00:06,03 May 2011