v0.31 Talk:Reclaim fortress mode
 Friendly Enemies
When I attempted a reclaim, all the goblins that were there before were marked as friendly. I organized a military squad and tried to kill one, all my dwarves had the task to kill him, but they just stood around him doing nothing. The Goblins occasionally move, but besides that they do nothing. --Ralthor 05:33, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
- That's not new to this version; it's an old bug with enemies from civilizations (embarking on a goblin tower has the same effect). When you get your first goblin siege they should all become hostile once again. --Retro 06:22, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
- I tried to reclaim a fortress that was overun by Demons previously....Demons were not set to friendly --Kuroneko 14:53, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
I also reclaimed a fortress that had been killed, i was doing the hippy challenge and some gobbos got past my wall (through a hole i though was covered) and massacred my lot. so i came back, and there was more then the amount of goblins that had been there (four squads in total), and they were all hostile
When I reclaimed in 13.18, the goblins were definitely not friendly, has the bug been fixed?
 Reclaim with 7 "Normal" Dwarves
On 0.31.12 and .14, when a reclaim has occurred, selecting "Play now!" dispatches a standard group of 7 dwarves, no military.
Just to clarify, are fortress and reclaim now effectively the same mode, with the exception of the site? As in, no cheating and embarking on a chasm to get 70 dwarfs? Shabang50 11:45, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
I reclaimed a fortress that had fallen to Goblins and my reclaiming Dwarves were attacked by a Forgotten Beast moments after arival. It was odd enough that it was on the surface, but the previous inhabitants of the fortress hadn't actually descovered the Beast and had infact walled themselves inside thier fortress before meeting thier end; the Cavern this Beast (I assume) inhabited had been tunneled into, however. Anyway, it begs the question; are creatures scattered randomly around the map in the same way that Items are upon Fortress reclaim? -- Morgoth883 12:52, 27 April 2010 (GMT)
- I believe so. I managed to scatter an entire human caravan, they're still wandering around. Gonna have to design some overly complex (that is, Dwarvenly!) methods to take them out. --Aescula 10:29, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
 Re-rolled Leathers?
Strangely, some items appear to fully reroll.
Had several conventional leathers upon abandonment (lamb, horse, yak, etc.) and ended up with a strange random mix of leathers upon reclaim (including 2 green devourer, for example - This site had NO BREACHED CAVERNS, and HAD NOT SEEN A CARAVAN). Interestingly, the only leathers that changed material types were the ones in the stockpiles. The leathers that were cluttering the shops did not change type.
 Stuck items
I've run in to an annoying problem after reclaiming a fortress (twice actually... long story, suffice it to say there was a particularly stubborn aggressive dwarf and by the time the entire party had managed to subdue said dwarf, they all dropped dead of thirst)
What I'm encountering is random objects that are on the map (they interfere with building) but which my clean up crew refuse to have anything to do with.
So far I've run in to a pair of stuck corpses (no miasma though) and a stuck rock. All reclaimed, none being moved regardless of persuasion applied.
126.96.36.199 17:32, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
- I've also had this problem with all stone of one type (microcline). I can see them laying all over the place and they are not forbidden, but they will not be used by anyone. --Aristoi 04:14, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
- EDIT: This is apparently a very old known bug. Any items that were tasked when the fortress was abandoned will have an invisible task on them that will never leave. They will be unusable, but can be moved with water or melted in magma. --Aristoi 00:09, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
 Reclaiming vs. embarking
Is there any difference between reclaiming fortress and embarking on top of an abandoned fortress?
- AFAIK, no difference in the embarking team and eq. I've tried reloading presets, replanning, and even Play Now, with the same and different civilizations, and seen no particular advantages from standard embark. v.12-16 Uzu Bash 16:09, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
 Double reclaim = ghosts who can't settle?
I ended up reclaiming a fortress twice, that is during my first reclaim they all died again due to not being able to get to all the lost items. So I reclaimed again and now I have ghosts who don't appear under the "engrave" slab option. There is corpses scattered accross the landscape, so once I get some coffins built I'll see if i can assign to them. Also under the engrave slab, there is a "blank" where someones name should be.
This happened to me with a single reclaim.
On the first embark, my miners were leveling off the edge of the top of the volcano, and caused a small cave-in due to the overhang, they all fell in (I brought 3).
I abandoned the fortress, and reclaimed (not a save-scum... this one was to test specific mechanichs, so I didn't care).
Shortly after reclaim, one of the miners began haunting the new party. There is no corpse to bury, and he refuses to appear on the slab menu.
My thought is that, while he died in the area,and was not memorialized, he deserves a ghost. At the same time, this new party has no way to know his name, and so cannot memorialize him.
 Items Only Scatter When Abandoning?
I've heard that if you let every last dwarf die without abandoning, items don't get scattered around. Is there any truth in this?
No. I just had my fortress killed off, my "strength was broken", and when I went to reclaim, all items were still scattered. - kart
 Segfault on reclaim fortress
My great first fortress Dibesherib, "Crazygorge", was lost to frequent segfaulting through abuse of a 64-bit Dwarf Therapist on the 32-bit DF binary without pausing when I used it either. But now when I try to reclaim Dibesherib, which was succesfully abandoned, I get a long wait then a segmentation fault. Any ideas? Thanks, flamoot