|This article is about the current version of DF.|
While Dwarf Fortress is primarily keyboard-controlled, there are certain areas in the game that have mouse control. These are, however, rather rare, and therefore easy to document.
In most instances of mouse control, the controls are as follows:
- Left-click to select an option. This includes list items, tabs, map tiles and various controls.
- Right-click to scroll a list downward (in some cases to cycle tabs) or to move the cursor.
- Right-click on map border to move view.
Double-left click currently only selects all items in a tab on the "Move Goods to Depot"-screen.
Mouse control support
Menus that support mouse control are:
- Advanced world generation
- Creature creation screen in the object testing arena
- Sound menu
- Local image export menu
- Designations menu (but not sub-menus)
* You can also use the mouse to do designations, for example, clicking a tile to have it mined.
- Nobles screen
- Military screen
- Custom stockpile settings
- Health screen (both individual and in the status screen)
- Economic stone settings
- "Move goods to Depot" screen
Mouse control requirement
The only area which currently requires mouse control is the world painter screen.
Note: All information on this page is true as of vanilla 0.40.19 - all earlier versions may have to be verified independently. Mods such as DFHack may provide you with full mouse-clicky goodness.