DF2014 Talk:Animal person
WRT the new additions...
1. The two-columm reorganization looks unremarkable, except for the majority of entries being goofily-spaced in and of themselves.
2. However, the by-attribute table is more of a concern... it seems to be stuck in the page footer such that "Move, damm you!" is apparently the watchword around here. As in, it does not respond at all to standard techniques like copypasting, etc. Silverwing235 (talk) 11:41, 16 August 2019 (UTC)
- I fixed the table and turned the animal list into another table. Thoughts? —Lethosor (talk) 17:40, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
Rather impressive - since the main problem was with the page footer. Thanks anyway. The only other problem of note so far is missing words in gametext of some other animal people pages - can't be certain exactly which ones, yet. :) Silverwing235 (talk) 18:29, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- Are you talking about the raws? If so, those need to be fixed server-side, so let me know if you run into anything missing. —Lethosor (talk) 21:12, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
Not the raws at all, no, but here we have an example of what may still be a server-side problem...missing words, as I said. Not sure if the problem also correlates with blank pages, or how far it goes, but it has so far stymied all attempts by me to resolve it on my end, abortive (for fear of making it worse) template editing on the problem text included, or what appeared to be the template for the problem text - it was always blank when I went solution-hunting. Silverwing235 (talk) 22:47, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
- That page doesn't have any text because it's fairly new and nobody has written anything yet. I'm not seeing anything really wrong with it, unless I'm missing something. —Lethosor (talk) 02:15, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
We both were - I was completely wrong initially. The raw file in my example is at issue here - the creature description needs proofing. Again, not sure of the extent of this proofreading issue, or if it directly correlates w/unwritten pages. My apologies nonetheless. Silverwing235 (talk) 08:10, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, the description is coming from the raw files, so any issues with them are DF issues (and sure, the description of giant hoary marmot could be improved, but I'm not sure there's anything strictly wrong with it at the moment). —Lethosor (talk) 05:11, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
You say the raws need to be fixed server-side, but a thought occurs. One moment, please. Silverwing235 (talk) 11:53, 6 October 2019 (UTC) ...Analysis complete. You're right, at least for now, it's definitely a 'Toady-side' issue. :D Silverwing235 (talk) 12:22, 6 October 2019 (UTC)
Move to "Animal person"
- It might fall under the "terms that are always plural" exception, but then again, we have creature, skill, etc., so I'd be okay with moving it. —Lethosor (talk) 22:29, 11 December 2019 (UTC)