- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
Changes with new release
Currently we have
- Modding guide -> Modding
- Mod -> Category:Mods
- Mods -> DF2014:List of mods
- Modding version 50.01+ temp
Any thoughts on how this should be handled with new release?
With the new content this article will soon be overwhelmed and be hard to navigate in. I think:
- The modding guide section has enough content to warrant am entry on its own
- Rename Modding -> Modding guide to preserve editing history. And remove editing resources stuff.
- We should have a modding portal that covers all relevant resources (documentation, resources, advice, guides, etc)
- We should have an entry level access for people just looking to use mods.
- I don't belive we have enough content for both, so I suggest Rename Modding version 50.01+-> Modding.
- Alternativly we can rename Modding version 50.01+-> Mod and move editing resources stuff modding.
--Jan (talk) 08:45, 20 December 2022 (UTC)
I'm for all of the above, as well as the second option for renaming Modding version 50.01+ to mod. In previous versions/namespaces having an article for "mod" separate from "modding" didn't make much sense, since the mods weren't seen as units by the game, but rather were just collections of modded raws. That having changed, I think having one is warranted.
I don't have much familiarity with wiki portals, do you propose modding should be the portal, or should there exist a separate article?
--Voliol (talk) 12:16, 20 December 2022 (UTC)
Yes, I suggest modding should be the portal. When I say 'portal' I simply mean the top page that helps organize all the resources on the topic (Think the 'Community Mods and utilities list' thread of bay12 modding), so new or advanced modder would know that they can find everything from there. --Jan (talk) 12:36, 20 December 2022 (UTC)
- The first part Rename Modding -> Modding guide (to preserve editing history) will require someone with higher privilege's to make way for the change. --Jan (talk) 05:10, 21 December 2022 (UTC)
New system limits
Would love to know what are the limits of the new mod system and for what changing files directly in the game folder would be necessary? --Jan (talk) 18:27, 21 December 2022 (UTC)