v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
(Redirected from v0.31:Designation)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
The Designations menu can be accessed by d and provides the means to mark tiles with various designations including Mining, Wood Cutting, Plant Gathering, Stone Detailing as well as removing constructions, controlling traffic and other miscellaneous designations.
To designate an area select the desired designation from the menu, pick a tile and press Enter to select one corner of a rectangle, then pick a second tile and press Enter again to mark the other corner.
To cancel a designation use Remove Designations (x).
- Mine (d) - Mark tiles to be mined out. Removing stone/soil walls and leaving stone/soil floors. May leave stone/ore/gems. (req. Mining labor)
- Channel (h) - Mark tiles to be channeled out. Removing the stone/soil wall on that tile, the floor, and replacing the stone/soil floor below with a ramp. May leave stone/ore/gem. (req. Mining labor)
- Remove Up Stairs/Ramps (z) - Mark tiles to remove natural ramps and dug ramps/stairs. (req. Mining labor)
- Upward Stairway (u) - Mark walls to be dug out and replaced with upward stairs (req. Mining labor)
- Downward Stairway (j) - Mark walls to be dug out and replaced with downard stairs (req. Mining labor)
- Up/Down Stairway (i) - Mark walls to be dug out and replaced with upward/downward stairs (req. Mining labor)
- Upward Ramp (r) - Mark walls to be dug out and replaced with upward ramps (req. Mining labor)
- Chop Down Trees (t) - Mark Trees to be chopped down. (req. Wood cutting labor)
- Gather Plants (p) - Mark Shrubs to be gathered. (req. Plant gathering labor)
- Smooth Stone (s) - Mark stone walls to be smoothed. (req. Stone detailing labor)
- Engrave Stone (e) - Mark smoothed walls to be engraved. (req. Stone detailing labor)
- Carve Fortifications (a) - Mark smoothed walls to have fortifications carved. (req. Stone detailing labor)
- Toggle Engravings (v) - Mark tiles to display/hide engravings.
- Remove Designation (x) - Remove all designation markings.
- Remove Construction (n) - Mark Constructions to be removed (no labor required)
- Set Building/Item Properties (b)
- c: Reclaim Items/Buildings - Mark area of objects to be claimed.
- f: Forbid Items/Buildings - Mark area of objects to be forbidden.
- m: Melt Items - Mark area of objects to be melted.
- M: Remove Melt - Remove melt marking from area.
- d: Dump Items - Mark area of objects to be dumped.
- D: Remove Dump - Remove dump marking from area.
- h: Hide Items/Buildings - Mark area of objects to be hidden.
- H: Unhide Items/Buildings - Remove forbidden marking from area.
- Set Traffic Areas (o) - Traffic area values determine where dwarves will travel. Large values for cost mean that dwarves will avoid that area if at all possible; smaller costs mean they will prefer that path even if it is longer than “normal”.
- h: High Traffic Area - Mark areas with the “cost” listed in “High Traffic Cost”
- n: Normal Traffic Area - Mark areas with the “cost” listed in “Normal Traffic Cost”
- l: Low Traffic Area - Mark areas with the “cost” listed in “Low Traffic Cost”
- r: Restricted Traffic Area - Mark areas with the “cost” listed in “Restricted Traffic Cost”
- /-+ *: Move between type of areas to change with QqwW.
- QqwW: Change cost by -5/-1/1/5.