Welcome to this wiki! Dwarf Fortress rapidly becomes more complicated, and we're always glad to have new writers.
Since we prefer that you try to follow our wiki's standards, we've made a list of basic guidelines. Note that this is an impersonal template, so some may not apply to you.
- To let us know who you are, please sign your posts on discussion pages by typing
- Avoid making many small edits to a page. Instead, try to make one large edit. This makes the history of the page a lot easier to read.
- When making comments on a talk page, use one more colon before each line in your comment than was used in the comment you reply to. Put an empty line between comments by different users but do not use blank lines inside of a comment. If your comment has no indents, use
<br>after each line.
- Never, ever, put a question mark in the title of a page. This is not an undoable mistake. The rule list elaborates.
- Most importantly, read and follow the rules. Really. Read them.
VengefulDonut 00:12, 22 April 2008 (EDT)
It's [[Category:Foo]], not [[category: foo]] --GreyMario 16:00, 3 May 2008 (EDT)
I don't want to be pushy, but...this page accounts for nearly a quarter of the Wanted Pages entries, making it a little hard to use. Could you do something to reduce the number of red links on the page? Even if it just meant de-linking them or something. LegacyCWAL 21:00, 15 February 2009 (EST)
Hey. You had made the effort to comment on the defense guide - the final push to the basic re-organization is complete - 4 pages total, a General guide and overview (Defense guide rewrite), and 3 articles on specific design - layout and architecture (Defense design), traps (Trap design), and specific advice on organizing your military (Military design) Discussion has been under the Talk:Fortress defense page. I may have ramrodded the initial rewrite/re-organization, but I know I've left some weak spots and would appreciate a good critique and editor(s). --Albedo 07:58, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
Is there anyway to make the table of contents collapse on this wiki? Since it is so long, it might be a good idea on the tutorial.--Kwieland 11:40, 22 September 2010 (UTC)