Destor was bored recently. He admired a great fortress recently. He was caught in the snow recently. he played too much DF lately. He hasn't been on the computer much recently. He wrote a nice user page lately.
Destor enjoys playing DF, and it seems like not too much else now. (been playing too much, heh) Reading, computers, video games, and snow for its coldness.
 Random funny things!
my mayor wanted some stuff out of bismuth, which I have none of, anywhere, and when the mandate was almost over, another mayor was elected! wow, that's convenient. BTW, has anyone noticed that in DF you start with 7 dwarves, and there were also 7 in Snow White? (I sense a Toady-Disney conspiracy, here.) I also have seen a dwarf who dislikes toads! the nerve! that's all I can think of, tell me about something else on my talk page, or tell me a better place to put these. --Destor 22:29, 29 October 2008 (EDT)
oh, man! my adventurer just picked up a giant roach and threw it at an enemy. I am still cracking up. of course, the same adventurer has thrown corpses, flies, spears, etc. before.
 The most hilarious thing that could (n)ever happen in Dwarf Fortress
So, I had de-drafted my best hammerdwarf from the military, to do some cross training, and guess what! he got a strange mood. at the same time, my mayor decides he wants an artifact, so he demands one. After a few months, my dwarf is not done, so then my hammerer comes up and beats him for violating the production order. bad move. My dwarf disarms the hammerer and takes his hammer which he then kills the hammerer with. After this, he is my best hammerdwarf in the fortress, so he gets assigned to be the new hammerer. Then he beats himself to death, what a tragic ending.
I know, I know, this could never happen (noble requesting artifact, being assigned hammerer, killing himself with a beating) but it was still funny!
When my brother taught me how to play on his computer, he used a saved embark setup, with turtles and all of the other things he wanted. This was a long while ago, and I am now on like, my 6th fort, which I am preparing for, and I want to save the skills and items, for my future forts. My brother cannot remember, he doesn't play it very much anymore. So, after searching on the wiki, I can't find it and now need some friendly user's help. How do you do this, or is it just that my brother did something else and this is not possible. --Destor 18:55, 29 November 2008 (EST)
- Isn't there some utility that lets you save embark profiles? --GreyMaria 19:25, 29 November 2008 (EST)
- The latest version of DF lets you save the profile in the customize embark screen. I think. I haven't actually tried to load my saved profile. --Savok 21:24, 29 November 2008 (EST)
- Download the latest version, if you haven't already.--Maximus 22:19, 29 November 2008 (EST)
I just realized something; if you have the latest version, how do you do that? this is purely hypothetical, but what keys do you press and such?--Destor 00:26, 9 December 2008 (EST)
- On the embark screen, set everything up the way you want and hit the s key. Name it, and you're good to go. --Simmura McCrea 14:12, 30 January 2009 (EST)
- Oh, thanks. I got the latest version a few weeks ago, and I figured that out myself. I just never bothered to mention it.--Destor 17:50, 30 January 2009 (EST)
YES! THE COUNT! Destor has been ecstatic lately, he got a count and the dwarven economy. YES! after 6 whole years, a stinking count and the economy. oh joy of joys!--Destor 17:32, 10 December 2008 (EST)
- Heh heh, congratulations! Don't get to excited about the extremely bright people though, you'll hate them when all you dwarf are hammered to death because they couldn't make a glass door on a sandless map.--Riom13 22:45, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
 Thank you!
Thank you all of the people who have been doing the small work that needs to be done to clean up the wiki, and make it easier to navigate and better to look at. I don't know if you will see this, but thanks. I don't know much about categorization, and even less about how the templates work, but if there is a way I can help, please let me know.--Destor 11:44, 30 December 2008 (EST)