Wow, you need a girlfriend or a boyfriend or cats, seriously I'm worried that one day you will create Skynet
Are you a wizard? 188.8.131.52 18:44, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
This is without doubt the most mind-blowing DF construction I have ever witnessed, good sir. Bravao! Kelu 08:28, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
I completely agree, amazing. --Khelek 20:07, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
I would love to see a video of it in process. Very nice construction :) ~~
Mind blown. 184.108.40.206 18:09, 12 April 2010 (UTC)
My blood-god. The scaled-down images of the mechanism cells look like circuit cards. That is amazing. This megaconstruction gets sixteen beards out of five.--220.127.116.11 20:32, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
How are you planning to input decimal? Immibis 02:58, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
Decimal is implemented.---DDR 19:42, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
The decimal display is the most amazing part. Nice. --Squirrelloid 14:48, 12 April 2010 (UTC)
 youre amazing
youre godamn amazing
IM Hoo TEPP....
Due to the nature of the invisibility of DF's mechanics, I can't tell what's hooked up to what in here... Can you help me understand how this all works?--Aescula 09:42, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
- For subtraction... it becomes much easier if you pick the right way to represent a negative number. If you have the largest bit of a number represent the sign, you can then add as normal and exploit the rollover. So to subtract B from A you just need to flip B's sign bit and add. VengefulDonut 03:40, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- You can use 2 bits complement binary representation for substraction (and general computation) you'd only go from 499 to -500 for input digits but it really simplifies adding/substraction (basically both are the same only the sign of the second number would have to be changed (this would allow for substracting negative numbers (thus adding them). And this is also how microprocessors in real computers (not computers made inside games ran on computers) work :P 2's complement wikipedia
It's only a matter of time now until you can run dwarf fortress in dwarf fortress.
--ah the ultimate goal. BaronW
- Conway's Game of Life is Turing-complete. No, seriously; someone built a Turing machine in Conway's Game of Life.
- NEW GOAL: run dwarf fortress in a Game of Life Turing machine itself being run in dwarf fortress.
 You Win
I think you just won all of Dwarf Fortress forever. Parthon. --18.104.22.168 19:56, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- Seconded. All my futile attempts pale in comparison to this. Congrats! --Egodeus 07:42, 1 July 2011 (UTC)
I'm not worthy! --Kami 11:41, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
 Eh, negative schmegative.
Just use two's complement representations. Easy as pi! Calculating pi, that is. Hmm. Off to build a pi-calculator in DF-land....
 Another Comment on the Calculator
Wow. That is seriously epic.-Studoku 19:59, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
 Yet Another Comment
Oh my Armok, this is-
Haspen has been struck down by the awesomeness x1001
I feel unworthy downloading and testing it myself. Bravo, sir! --Haspen 20:33, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
 My head asplode.
I can't even put into words how epic this is. Holy crap.--DarthCloakedDwarf 05:59, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
 Holy Sweet Smokes!!
This is incredible. Sir, you are a true Dwarf. We are now one step further towards DDFF, or Dwarf Fortress in Dwarf Fortress. Or, in other words, "Wow."
That's the most awesome application of mechanics I've ever seen. Babbage must be punching the air for seeing such a great thing as you have done.