- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
Extracts is an entry in your z-menus 'stocks' section. This entry sums up an odd collection of items, some of which are derived from animals, some from plants.
A variety of buildings allow you to produce extracts:
Certain vermin will yield extracts at the butcher's shop by using the extract from a dead animal task. Requires a living caged animal, a glass vial (metal flasks will not work), and a dwarf with the small animal dissection labor enabled.
- Fire snakes create Liquid fire
- Phantom spiders create venom
- Cave spiders create venom
With the appropriate caged animal and a milker, barrels and buckets you can produce milk at the farmer's workshop.
- Live (untamed) purring maggots create Dwarven milk
Golden salve can be created from valley herbs, requiring a vial and a dwarf with the plant processing labor enabled:
- 1 Valley herb makes 5 units of Golden salve, worth 100 each
Dwarven syrup is can be created via "Process plants (barrel)"
- 1 Sweet pod makes 5 Dwarven Syrup, worth 20 each
Gnomeblight can be created from Kobold bulbs at a still via "Extract plant essence", requiring a vial and a dwarf with the Plant gathering labor enabled:
- 1 Kobold bulb makes 5 units of Gnomeblight, worth 100 each
With a living caged fish and a fish dissector, you can get extracts from our aquatic neighbors.
Currently, there are some extracts that cannot be produced on site and need to be imported.
These 3 can be used for cooking or turned into cheese:
Various types of venom can also be purchased, but currently have no use:
- Snakeman Venom
- Giant desert scorpion Venom
- Giant cave spider Venom