i deleted earlier the line about pigs not grazing. sry to see the changes were undone. answering your question: i use lazy newb pack, phoebus graphic mod. that's all. no df hack or else activated. i changed the page according to my ingame experience and then a little research, see here: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/19173/how-do-i-stop-animals-from-starving sry, if it was nonsense.
- That link is from 2011 which was 2 major versions ago. When pastures were first introduced in v0.31, pigs *were* grazers, but that was changed in v0.34. What confuses me, though, is that you said you also based your edit on personal experience. Are you playing the latest version (40.24)? Did you have a pig flash a brown downward arrow, which is the hunger indicator, or was it a different status icon? I've never used the Lazy Newb Pack or Phoebus, so I don't know if they contain anything that could affect a pig's grazer status. --Cali (talk) 09:15, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- i play the latest version. df 0.40.24. pigs were outside with other animals in a pen/pasture -> there was no problem for one year, then i brought them inside for protection. after 5min the brown arrows appeared. => view unit: "starving". i brought them outside again, and they are happily grazing after all.
- nope. sows and boars. normal pigs.
- That is indeed odd. I'm out of ideas for what could have caused the behavior you witnessed. If you'd like to pursue this further, you could post a report on the bug tracker: . You can bring the pigs back inside until they become hungry again, then attach a save to the report. Or, if you're not ready for that, you could try posting on the Bay 12 forums and ask if anyone knows of something in the Lazy Newb Pack or Phoebus that could have affected your game. --Cali (talk) 11:00, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- Actually, please check your raws first - creature_domestic.txt, search for the pig, and check whether there *is* a GRAZER or STANDARD_GRAZER token in there. If there is, it probably is due to something in the LNP, as the vanilla raws definitely don't have a GRAZER token. Knight Otu (talk) 14:28, 11 February 2015 (UTC)