How do I stop my marksdwarves from wrestling?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are several reasons why a dwarf or group of dwarves equipped with crossbows and with access to ammo will not train.
- The most likely reason is a lack of quivers - dwarves will no longer hold a stack of bolts to use with a crossbow.
- Dwarves must use the correct type of ammunition for their weapon.
- Dwarves will only train their crossbow skill if an archery target is available and marked for training usage.
- Squads must be assigned equipment (weapon, armor) and ammo (bolts). They must be explicitly assigned a crossbow. If they are assigned "ranged, individual choice", they will not practice archery, but they may still fire bolts in combat situations.
- Prior to .09, if you had an Arsenal Dwarf, (s)he had to process all equipment changes. With .09, the Arsenal Dwarf position is gone.
- Dwarves will only use Archery Ranges in their free time (if they're not set to TRAINING in a given month). It's best to consider TRAINING to mean combat training.
See also: the first known demonstration of archery practice in DF2010.