- Pig tail thread, found/grown underground
- Rope reed thread, found/grown above ground
- Yarn thread, made from wool that in turn is sheared from animals or won from butchered corpses
- cave spider silk, found in underground caverns
- giant cave spider silk, found near giant cave spiders
- phantom spider silk, found in evil forests
- brown recluse spider silk, found in temperate broadleaf forests
- forgotten beast silk is gatherable if you happen to find one with a web attack.
- Adamantine strands, extracted from Raw adamantine
Cloth can be fashioned into clothing or bags at a Clothier's shop, or made into crafts at a craftsdwarf's workshop. Empty bags and quivers, cloth crafts and clothing can be decorated with cloth at a craftsdwarf's workshop.
Cloth can be dyed at a dyer's shop.
- Note: While other metals can be made into cloth, the same as Adamantine, the cloth cannot further be worked without new reactions.