40d Talk:Known bugs and issues
I'm having difficulty with dwarves hauling wood from a different Z axis. Very few of my dwarves are cave adapted, and it's still close to my entrance. (One arrow push, two at the most.) I currently have 15 idle dwarves with wood hauling turned on, and I've double checked the settings on the stockpile... even made two new stockpiles outside, including one on the same Z level. Nothing. However, my carpenter and wood burner will go outside and collect what they need when they have a job. -_- Is this a bug or have I somehow screwed something up? DeTheGreat 19:18, 15 May 2008 (EDT)
- Go into orders, (press the 'o' key), and check if Wood Hauling is turned on or off. That was my problem when this happened. --Richards 20:42, 15 May 2008 (EDT)
One of my founding 7 dwarves got a mood. after acquiring one each of 3 of the 4 things he screamed for, he needed only "rough gems". He asked for crystal glass: I made it for him and he acquired it. He got the rock and wood(?) on his own, leaving only the "rough gems"... however, he just sat there screaming for them. I assumed he wanted gems I didn't have at this point, and In a moment of frustration decided to backup the save and abuse the reaction system to produce /all/ the gems. however, producing 3 each of all rough gems, (and large gems, and cut gems, and gem blocks), he still just sits there screaming. I'm wondering if there may be a bug where a dwarf wants something that doesn't actually exist, either that or he didn't notice the gems sitting in the stockpile. Either way, it seems buggy. I'm open to suggestions. FWIW, the jeweler's workshop can see the rough gems to cut them. :( --Vae 08:00, 27 November 2007 (EDT)
- There was a temporary workaround mentioned on the forums. If you have a save before that dwarf went for the glass - forbid all your green, clear and crystal glass, get some gems, wait for that dwarf to haul all gems and then reclaim the glass. I wonder if forbidding the already hauled glass via Another 08:22, 27 November 2007 (EST)
, scroll down, can have any effect? (it works with built beds and wells) --
- does that mean it was the fact that he couldn't find any of the remaining items that he stopped looking? the Vae 10:20, 27 November 2007 (EDT)
- thing almost works ... it de-tasks them ... but apparently has no effect as the dwarf just immediately re-tasked them, despite being forbidden. Perhaps a bug. anyway... i'm gonna move back a few versions... i've kept all my saves in SVN :) --
- There probably is a bug when raw glass counts for raw gems in some occasions and do not in others while collecting materials for mood and checking already collected to determine the next to collect. Usually Another 10:34, 27 November 2007 (EST) orbidding items that are TSK cansels their 'tasked' state along with the corresponding job. I cannot guarantee that a new bug won't be created in this process. Also try to forbid the whole workshop via - --
- does that mean it was the fact that he couldn't find any of the remaining items that he stopped looking? the Vae 10:20, 27 November 2007 (EDT)
Could it be that the 'floating bug' is simply one space that no channel was dug to? I had this once, but corrected it with just making the stuck dwarf miner and set the space to be made into channel.
- When building a set of pumps I dug out a channel above the solid square of a pump. The rock from the square and the dwarf who dug it out were then stuck in the air until I removed the pump below them. Then the Dwarf fell and wandered off but the rock was still hovering. I think I built a floor from that rock and then dug it out and that worked, but that doesn't make much sense because no one would've been able to get to that square to get the rock to build with. Unless rocks on a square can be used to build something with 0 hauling (ie. you don't have to touch them at all you can just build directly) I may have misremembered that part. --Lacero 04:08, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
Digging: From the old version, dwarves preferred to dig from left to right, and I suspect the "digging from the far end" thing is where that comes from.
Hehe, Adventure mode: "The sturgeon has drowned". My buddies attacked it and it probably lost it's gills or something. Kinda like suffocating cause you got no lungs. Which was also funny the first time I saw it. HeckRuler 15:33, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
- Could this be because when a sturgeon is taken out of water, and it basically "drowns" in the oxygen? Schm0 15:35, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
Also, is there anyway to clean blood/vomit/water off your gear in adventure mode? Will dwarves clean themselves in fortress mode? I was never too sharp on how the cleaning job worked. HeckRuler 15:33, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
Now with a new version released, I think this page needs cleaning or at least separating bugs in old version from the bugs left in the current version. --Mizipzor 17:16, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
- I disagree. The old version is old. Any old bugs that linger are still bugs. HeckRuler 13:18, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
I seem to be having troubles getting dwarves to work with stockpiles like they used to. They refuse to move these seeds, despite the seeds not being in a stockpile and there being a stockpile designated for seeds. My anvil has sat outside for half a month now despite there being a designated spot specifically for anvils one level down. Is Z-axis messing with dwarf perception of customized stockpiles? Hmm. Kefkakrazy 23:12, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
- I've noticed--not tried to repro--that a custom stockpile for seeds will attract other Food items until a general Food stockpile is created. My first fort did this, plump helmets didn't get harvested until I created said Food pile, and only after they moved barrels of meat OUT of the seed stockpile.--Draco18s 23:22, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
- I think that blood disappearance is, as noted in Infinite Blood, buggered. I've had a few raccoons get eaten by my dogs and there's STILL blood, months later. It's possible that custom stocks got buggered too. Kefkakrazy 00:18, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
- Seeds not going to a seed stockpile appears to have been fixed as of v 0.27.169.33a. That is, I've got seeds going to the correct stockpile now. Huzzah! --Surma 01:16, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
- I upgraded versions and I'm still having troubles with custom stockpiles. Either dwarves are just too busy to do the hauling or customized stockpiles are not being done properly.Kefkakrazy 03:52, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
- I had problems with stockpiles, there's a new options at the bottom for "Additional Options" which provides Allow Plant/Animal and Allow Non-Plant/Animal - if either of these are turned off, stuff doesn't get moved. Simple mistake, caused 4 of my stockpiles to be left empty for half year. Anyone else had this problem? Have you checked for it? --Markavian
I'm not sure if this is a bug. My graveyard is outside where my hunter was laid down and rotted. He was then put in a minty fresh coffin inside. Miasma started pouring out after a while. I don't remember this happening in the previous version, but even so. It's not like they DON'T rot just because they got stuffed in a coffin in time. I also kinda assumed that coffins are sealed. Bug or no? HeckRuler 13:18, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
I'm thinking that the humans allowing you to build a fortress inside of their cities would be considered a bug. --Ikkonoishi 23:28, 3 November 2007 (EDT)
Adding usernames to main page
People, shall we try to keep the discussions on the discussion page and on the article page only information? I see a lot of user tags, etc on the article page. This clutters the page a bit. What do you guys think? I think we should strive for a reduction of usernames on the article pages, as that is nicer to look at. --Soyweiser 11:20, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
- hmmm. Meh. It's not an encyclopedia, it's a bug report. This page at least. Theoretically, Toady could ask us about a bug we encountered. Known bugs & issues are things that are broken and are probably going to stay broken so people should avoid them. Which made sence when it was a year since the last release. But currently it's more dynamic. Maybe we should rename this page to "Bug Report" HeckRuler 13:18, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
- My stance is at the bottom of this talk page, but suffice it to say that this should be considered a "secondary source" -- that is, that this page is where known bugs are posted after being officially confirmed, not where bugs that a single user has experienced are put up for others to review. I know the Dwarf Fortress Wiki:Community Portal encourages original research, but there's a difference between scholarly research and bug reporting. --JT 23:09, 29 July 2008 (EDT)
The elves will not trade for Orthoclase or Gabbro rock crafts because the crafts were once alive, although gabbro and orthoclase are igneous rocks that form by the cooling of magma and were never actually alive. Hence, it's a bug.
Can someone confirm this? Its probably just that the items in question had blood splatters. --Karlito 20:14, 2 December 2007 (EST)
I found a bug when you burn a corpse in adventure mode. Whenever i put a corpse near a tree and light the tree on fire, the corpse eventually gets burnt to just bones, but for some reason i get 2 sets of bones. For example a human would give my skull, bones(7), skull, bones(7). Diabl0658 17:54, 8 December 2007 (EST)
I was trading with the human caravan and a minute or two after I finished a goblin army showed up on the map. Not being too worried I set the order for all dwarves to stay indoors. Unfortunately I had failed to notice that my trade depot, which was just outside my front gate dug into a little cove in the side of the mountain, was being registered as "inside" even though the dwarves had to go outside to get there. They didn't cancel the jobs to haul the items in the depot, causing them to be slaughtered by the goblin army. Is this a bug? Also, when I set the order for them to stay inside they seem to dance around the entrance canceling jobs and then getting them again over and over. Thanks. Rotinaj
Body part overload
For some reason, the body part system seems to be blown. I can't get it to work for some reason--I'm modding a certain race in known as the solen, in a nod to Ultima Online. The parts appear just fine on the adventure checkup, and aren't damaged. But when I start adventure mode, I immediately fall down. On top of this, my solen is shown with a flashing red + sign on top of it as if it was badly hurt. But, as previously stated, I check and I see no injuries. Moving on the overworld 'fixes' this, but just while travelling. When I actually enter the normal map, the solen just falls down again. I've apparently come close to isolating the problem, but interestingly enough, the arachnid (from the modding tutorial) works perfectly and is in the same file as the solen body definitions. I made new entity, body, and creature files for both races. The contents are as follows:
body_solen [OBJECT:BODY] [BODY:SOLENBODY] [BP:HD:head][CON:CH][HEAD] [BP:CH:chest][UPPERBODY] [BP:AB:abdomen][CON:CH][LOWERBODY] [BP:MD:mandibles][CON:HD][MOUTH] [BP:ULA:upper left arm][CON:CH][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:URA:upper right arm][CON:CH][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LLA:lower left arm][CON:ULA][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:LRA:lower right arm][CON:URA][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LH:left hand][CON:LLA][GRASP][LEFT] [BP:RH:right hand][CON:LRA][GRASP][RIGHT] [BP:LE:left compound eye][CON:HD][SIGHT][SMALL][EMBEDDED][LEFT] [BP:RE:right compound eye][CON:HD][SIGHT][SMALL][EMBEDDED][RIGHT] [BP:LA:left antenna][CON:HD][NERVOUS][LEFT] [BP:RA:right antenna][CON:HD][NERVOUS][RIGHT] [BODY:SOLENLEGS] [BP:LLL1:left front leg][CON:AB][LIMB][LEFT][STANCE] [BP:LLL2:left middle leg][CON:AB][LIMB][LEFT][STANCE] [BP:LLL3:left back leg][CON:AB][LIMB][LEFT][STANCE] [BP:RLL1:right front leg][CON:AB][LIMB][RIGHT][STANCE] [BP:RLL2:right middle leg][CON:AB][LIMB][RIGHT][STANCE] [BP:RLL3:right back leg][CON:AB][LIMB][RIGHT][STANCE] [BODY:ARACHNOBODY] [BP:UB:upper body][UPPERBODY] [BP:LB:abdomen][CON:UB][LOWERBODY] [BP:HD:head][CON:UB][HEAD] [BP:RUA:right upper arm][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LUA:left upper arm][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:RLA:right lower arm][CON:RUA][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LLA:left lower arm][CON:LUA][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:RH:right hand][CON:RLA][GRASP][RIGHT] [BP:LH:left hand][CON:LLA][GRASP][LEFT] [BP:RA1:right first leg][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LA1:left first leg][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:RF1:right first claw][CON:RA1][STANCE][RIGHT] [BP:LF1:left first claw][CON:LA1][STANCE][LEFT] [BP:RA2:right second leg][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LA2:left second leg][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:RF2:right second claw][CON:RA2][STANCE][RIGHT] [BP:LF2:left second claw][CON:LA2][STANCE][LEFT] [BP:RA3:right third leg][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LA3:left third leg][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:RF3:right third claw][CON:RA3][STANCE][RIGHT] [BP:LF3:left third claw][CON:LA3][STANCE][LEFT] [BP:RA4:right fourth leg][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT] [BP:LA4:left fourth leg][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT] [BP:RF4:right fourth claw][CON:RA4][STANCE][RIGHT] [BP:LF4:left fourth claw][CON:LA4][STANCE][LEFT] [BODY:8EYES] [BP:REYE:first eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][RIGHT] [BP:REYE:second eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][RIGHT] [BP:REYE:third eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL] [BP:REYE:fourth eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL] [BP:REYE:fifth eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL] [BP:REYE:sixth eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL] [BP:REYE:seventh eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][LEFT] [BP:LEYE:eighth eye][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][LEFT]
creature_solen [OBJECT:CREATURE] [CREATURE:SOLEN] [NAME:solen:solen:solen] [TILE:'&'][COLOR:0:0:1] [GENPOWER:4][CHITIN][STOUT] [INTELLIGENT][CANOPENDOORS] [PREFSTRING:chitinous plating] [PREFSTRING:large abdomens] [BODY:SOLENBODY:SOLENLEGS:BRAIN:HEART:GUTS] [SPEED:700] [MAXAGE:100:125] [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:6:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH][SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:50:100] [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:GRASP:punch:punches:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH] [CHILD:2][LITTERSIZE:1:7][CHILDNAME:solen larva:solen larvae] [LIKES_FIGHTING] [DAMBLOCK:3] [FAT:1] [SIZE:8] [ALL_ACTIVE] [EQUIPS][NO_SLEEP][NOFEAR][NOEXERT][NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][PARALYZEIMMUNE] [WEBBER][WEBIMMUNE][THICKWEB] [BLOODTYPE:W] [EXTRAVISION] [EXTRACT:giant cave spider venom:7:0:0] [EXTRACT_PARALYZE] [CRAFTSMAN_NAME:crafter:crafters] [FISHERMAN_NAME:fisher:fishers] [HAMMERMAN_NAME:hammerer:hammerers] [SPEARMAN_NAME:spearfighter:spearfighters] [CROSSBOWMAN_NAME:marksfighter:marksfighters] [AXEMAN_NAME:axefighter:axefighters] [SWORDSMAN_NAME:swordfighter:swordfighters] [MACEMAN_NAME:macefighter:macefighters] [PIKEMAN_NAME:pikefighter:pikefighters] [BOWMAN_NAME:bowfighter:bowfighters] [SPEECH:elf.txt] [STANDARD_FLESH] [HOMEOTHERM:10040] [LAYERING:45] [SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:3000] [PERSONALITY:IMMODERATION:0:55:100] [PERSONALITY:VULNERABILITY:0:45:100] [PERSONALITY:STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS:0:55:100] [CREATURE:ARACHNID] [NAME:arachnid:arachnids:arachnid] [TILE:'&'][COLOR:7:0:0] [MODVALUE:20] [INTELLIGENT][CANOPENDOORS] [LARGE_CHASM][FREQUENCY:1][DIFFICULTY:4] [SPEED:700] [STOUT] [EXTRACT:giant cave spider venom:7:0:0] [EXTRACT_VALUE:100] [EXTRACT_PARALYZE][NATURAL][PET_EXOTIC] [EXTRACT_ANTIDOTE:giant cave spider antivenin:7:0:0:100] [WEBIMMUNE][AMBUSHPREDATOR][PARALYZEIMMUNE][WEBBER][THICKWEB] [GENPOWER:4] [BLOODTYPE:W][CHITIN] [PETVALUE:2500] [GRASSTRAMPLE:10] [CARNIVORE][BONECARN][NO_DRINK] [EXTRAVISION][NOSTUN][NOEXERT][NOFEAR][NOSLEEP][LIKES_FIGHTING] [BUILDINGDESTROYER:1] [PREFSTRING:terrifying presence] [BODY:ARACHNOBODY:8EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:MOUTH:5FINGERS] [SIZE:10] [MAXAGE:20:30] [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:6:GORE][SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:50:100] [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:GRASP:punch:punches:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH] [FAT:2] [CHILD:12][BABY:1][MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] [DAMBLOCK:4] [ALL_ACTIVE] [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM] [STANDARD_FLESH] [HOMEOTHERM:10067] [LAYERING:50]
entity_solen [OBJECT:ENTITY] [ENTITY:SOLEN] [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] [CREATURE:SOLEN] [TRANSLATION:ELF] [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK] [SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_BALLISTA] [TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_GIANTAXEBLADE] [TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_ENORMOUSCORKSCREW] [TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_SPIKEDBALL] [TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC] [TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE] [SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] [CURRENCY_BY_YEAR] [CURRENCY:COPPER:1] [CURRENCY:SILVER:5] [CURRENCY:GOLD:15] [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:ARTIFICE] [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:EARTH] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DOMESTIC] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:SUBORDINATE] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:EVIL] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UNTOWARD] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:FLOWERY] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATIVE] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UGLY] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATOR] [GEM_PREF] [STONE_PREF] [INDOOR_FARMING] [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] [USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] [COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT] [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET] [USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS] [ART_IMAGE_ELEMENT_MODIFIER:PLANT:64] [ART_IMAGE_ELEMENT_MODIFIER:TREE:64] [ITEM_IMPROVEMENT_MODIFIER:RINGS_HANGING:64] [ITEM_IMPROVEMENT_MODIFIER:BANDS:384] [ITEM_IMPROVEMENT_MODIFIER:SPIKES:384] [ADVENTURE_TIER:5] [FRIENDLY_COLOR:1:0:1] [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE] [LIKES_SITE:CAVE] [TOLERATES_SITE:CITY] [TOLERATES_SITE:TREE_CITY] [TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED] [LEADER_TYPE:KING] [SITE_LEADER_TYPE:STANDARD] [START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:1] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:1] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:3] [BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:3] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:4] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:4] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:3] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:1] [DIPLOMAT] [MERCHANT_BODYGUARDS] [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN] [ENTITY_GROUPING:FRIENDLY] [SIEGER] [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:3] [START_GROUP_NUMBER:10] [MAX_POP_NUMBER:500] [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:200] [RELIGION:PANTHEON] [RELIGION_SPHERE:FORTRESSES] [RELIGION_SPHERE:JEWELS] [RELIGION_SPHERE:METALS] [RELIGION_SPHERE:MINERALS] [RELIGION_SPHERE:MOUNTAINS] [RELIGION_SPHERE:WEALTH] [MAYOR] [ENTITY:ARACHNIDS] [MOUNTAIN_SETTLEMENTS] [CREATURE:ARACHNID] [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] [ADVENTURE_TIER:4] [TRANSLATION:ELF] [CLOTHING] [SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] [ITEM_THIEF] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:2] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:3] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:1] [BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:4] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:1] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:1] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:1] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:2] [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:EVIL] [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:VIOLENT] [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:DEATH] [SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:UNTOWARD] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DOMESTIC] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:FLOWERY] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:HOLY] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:PEACE] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATOR] [CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:GOOD]
...And that's it. I'm really frustrated with this; notice how the Solen section of body parts is fairly simple--I cut out most of it in an attempt to fix the problem. I thought it was because of the massive number of body parts, but since the arachnid now has more and works fine, I don't think this is the case. I'm utterly baffled.
Please, please help. Midna 23:10, 6 May 2008 (EDT)
- Where's the thorax? Your solen's legs are connected to "TX", which I guess is the thorax, but nothing is defined with that ID that I see. Anydwarf 23:30, 6 May 2008 (EDT)
- Additionally, this doesn't belong on the bug page, as this is a User error, not a program one. I would suggest moving it to either the modding talk, or your user page. Above all, I would do some through reading of the forums first, as there's a *much* larger group of people there that are typically more active than they would be here. --Edward 18:05, 7 May 2008 (EDT)
- Errr, I removed the thorax earlier on, but beforehand I was still having this problem. I was trying to remove them to see if that was the problem. Also, where would this part of the forums be? I don't frequent them much, if at all. Also, are you sure this is a user error? Two people have had the exact same problem with the exact same 'solution,' which is changing the body back to one of the ones in body_default.txt--which is rather unsatisfying because it removes the ability to customize your creature and be able to distribute it later on without any kind of fear of conflict. Midna 11:16, 7 May 2008 (EDT)
- I'd rather you actually tried looking, rather than just asking... but such is the nature of the interwebs. http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=13 --Edward 18:05, 7 May 2008 (EDT)
- Oh, and as for the state of the error... If you don't want to program a mod within existing definitions, then you change the definitions. If you don't want to change the definitions, *or* program within them, then please, find me some kind of logic that still allows you to program a mod. All mods are either a change within definitions, a change to the definitions, or both, no matter what kind of context you're talking about. Unlike many games out there though, DF lets you change the high-level definitions as easily as working within the definitions. There are some low-level definitions that can't be changed, but they're rather easy to work with, such as legs-thorax-abdomen. --Edward 18:13, 7 May 2008 (EDT)
This is an article, not a bug report forum
I really don't like how this article is formatted like a talk page, so I've made some introductory forays into a third-person point of view; most of the sections in the article also used incorrect section depth (single = symbols are used for the main header, not for headings within the article itself).
Forgive me for sounding like a Wikipedian power whore, but: all bug reports should be posted on the forum. They should not be posted here unless they are confirmed on the forum and are not yet fixed in the latest version.
The way I see this, this should be taken more as a "travel advisory notice" -- this tells you what's wrong with the game, so that if someone encounters anything that already appears on this page, they shouldn't bother reporting it because everyone already knows about it.
Furthermore, I'm not particularly fond of the history of fixes. That's already easily accessible from the Dwarf Fortress site, via dev_now or the reqs and bloats, and often includes new features instead of mere bug fixes. Finally, the history of fixes is not totally comprehensive.
All-in-all, I think we should dedicate a few days to repainting this whole article in a third-person light. --JT 22:45, 29 July 2008 (EDT)
This is a list of known bugs and issues as verified by the development team
- Agreed! (If a year later, ahem.) This is not a forum for "I think there's something wrong..." But if Toady/Three-toe verify a bug, then it can/should be added, but only then.--Albedo 17:57, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
- I think this page needs to be totally rewritten. Not only is it badly formatted; some of the conclusions are utterly wrong. I am not entirely comfortable marking it for deletion, though. A notice box might work for now.
- Would it be a good idea to stall the rewrite of this page until the next version? --Nahno 14:09, 17 December 2009 (UTC)