- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
Extracts is a general term used to classify various types of substances derived from animals or plants. Non food extracts do not currently have a purpose in the current build except as export goods.
A variety of buildings allow you to produce extracts:
Certain vermin will yield extracts at the butcher's shop by using the extract from a dead animal task. Requires a living caged animal, a glass vial (metal flasks will not work), and a dwarf with the small animal dissection labor enabled.
- Fire snakes create liquid fire
- Phantom spiders create venom
- Cave spiders create venom
With the appropriate caged animal and a milker, barrels and buckets you can produce milk at the farmer's workshop.
- Live (untamed) purring maggots create Dwarven milk, worth 2☼ per unit
- Milk can be cooked to make food.
Golden salve can be created from valley herbs, requiring a vial and a dwarf with the plant processing labor enabled:
- 1 Valley herb makes 5 units of Golden salve, worth 100☼ per unit
Dwarven syrup is created via "Process plants (barrel)"
- 1 Sweet pod makes 5 Dwarven Syrup, worth 20☼ per unit.
- Syrup can be cooked to make food.
Milk is created via "Milk Creature," requiring an empty bucket, an empty barrel (or available space in an existing milk barrel), a mature, non-pet, milkable animal, and a dwarf with the milker labor enabled. See the milk and cheese pages for more details.
Gnomeblight can be created from Kobold bulbs at a still via "Extract plant essence", requiring a vial and a dwarf with the Plant gathering labor enabled:
- 1 Kobold bulb makes 5 units of Gnomeblight, worth 100☼ per unit
With a living caged fish and a fish dissector, you can get extracts from our aquatic neighbors.
Currently, there are some extracts that cannot be produced on site and need to be imported.
Various types of venom can also be purchased, but currently have no use:
- Snakeman Venom
- Giant desert scorpion Venom
- Giant cave spider Venom