- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
|This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please view the Bugs section for details.|
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
Fisherdwarf is the skill associated with the fishing labor. Fisherdwarves catch vermin fish from available water sources: murky pools, brooks, rivers, lakes and the ocean.
Fisherdwarf skill level is related to the speed at which the labor is completed. Dwarves can fish through floor grates and floor bars.
Fisherdwarves will fish from any water by default. Change this using the standing orders screen, o-z-f to toggle between 'prefer fishing zones' (the default) and 'zone-only fishing', which will prevent dwarves from fishing outside of designated areas. This can be useful, for instance, if you have a crocodile infested river, or a Terrifying ocean, and don't want your fishers wandering into danger.
Fisherdwarves can produce food, craft material and extractable fish for a fortress as part of the fishing industry.
Note that while it is possible to fish from any body of water, what you get will depend on where the water is - any body of water which is not part of a river, lake, ocean, or cavern layer will always yield pond fish.
- If you designate a fishing zone in an underground pool, fishers will never give up fishing there even when there aren't any fish to catch. Bug:1854
- Stocks of fish in the water is not renewable. Bug:2780
- No fish can ever be caught from cavern lakes.Bug:5703
Bone carver · Clothier · Glassmaker · Glazer · Leatherworker · Potter · Stone crafter · Strand extractor · Wax worker · Weaver · Wood crafter
Alchemist · Crutch-walker · Knapper · Swimmer
Balance · Coordination · Discipline · Druid · Military tactics · Poet · Reader · Speaker · Tracker · Wordsmith · Writer