Thresher is the skill that dwarves use when given the labor plant processing. "Processing plants" actually covers 4 different jobs done at a farmer's workshop.
Using Thresher to make thread can be done without any container to store the results in, but other plants require a specific container to hold the resulting product:
- Turns pig tails into pig tail thread or rope reed into rope reed thread. These products produce seeds as well.
- Turns quarry bushes into quarry bush leaves and produces rock nuts. Five leaves are produced per quarry bush.
- Turns sweet pods into dwarven syrup and produces sweet pod seeds. Each sweet pod produces five units of syrup.
- Process plants (to vial):
- Turns valley herbs into Golden salve. Requires a glass vial. Currently there is no use for this extract other than as an export good.
If a dwarf's highest skill is Thresher, then that will also be their profession, but if some (unknown) level of other farming skills are mixed in, they will be known as a Farmer.