||Decent Dining Room
- Meet with foreign dignitaries
- Talk with disgruntled workers
A dwarven mayor conducting a "meeting" with some goblin "liasons".
The mayor is a Noble whose job it is to speak with disgruntled workers and entertain foreign diplomats. He or she is automatically created from the Expedition leader once the population reaches 50, although a new mayor will be elected from time to time.
- Mayors are leaders,
- Mayors, along with Expedition Leaders, are capable of appointing other Nobles. If you find yourself unable to appoint new Nobles, you will have to wait for a new Mayor to become appointed.
- Mayors are classy individuals, who require certain living standards in their rooms and furniture.
- Mayors can Mandate the production of certain goods, and receive a happy thought if you comply,
- Mayors can prohibit the export of certain goods instead of mandating their construction, resulting in Dwarves being punished for trade violations,
- Mayors can Demand certain types of furniture in their rooms and may get uppity if you don't comply.
- When an election happens, it's usually the dwarf with the most friends who gets elected. Since children have nothing to do but socialize, they make lots of friends, friends which carry over when a child becomes an adult at age 12. Thus it's not unusual for a 12 year old to become mayor.