Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about the current version of DF.|
Note that some content may still need to be updated.
The game interface is made up of several different parts. In the screenshot you will notice:
- A: This is the area where announcements pop up.
- B: In the lower left corner are menu buttons for creatures, tasks, places, labor, work orders, nobles, objects, and justice.
- C: If enabled, the FPS counter is shown here, as game ticks (and graphical FPS).
- D: The center tools shape the world:
- E: The lower right corner are buttons for your military menu and an overview of rest of the world.
- F: This bar indicates how deep the currently viewed elevation is; blue is above ground, the rest is below.
- G: A mini-map of the current elevation your entire site with the area you can currently see outlined in yellow, and the specific elevation number below.
- H: These are some game controls:
- pause, play (can switch between these with ), settings (also available in ESC menu), and help.
- Hotkey menu, also .
- Move view to surface at this position.
- Move view to lowest revealed level at this position.
- Zoom view in, also or , and display fluid level, also
- Zoom view out, also or , and display ramp indicators, also
- I: This is the overall Status of your fortress, including name, happiness levels, some food Stocks counts, and calendar information; this bar can vary in size and components depending on game resolution and UI scale settings.