v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article was migrated from DF2014:Tanner's shop and may be inaccurate for the current version of DF (v50.07). See this page for more information.|
v50.07 · v0.47.05This article is about the current version of DF.
Note that some content may still need to be updated.
A tanner's shop is used to make leather from a butchered animal skin and parchment from animal skin with milk of limev0.42.01. A tanner's shop is operated by any dwarf with the 'tanning' labor enabled. Each butchering job yields a single hide, and each unrotten hide yields one piece of leather - regardless of whether the animal is a kitten or an elephantBug:3732.
- t Tan a hide.
- p Make parchment.
- The 'tan a hide' job is automatically triggered after the game notices that there is a skin to be tanned within a certain distance of the tanner's shop. The player can turn off this behaviour by going into the orders menu, choosing Workshop Orders, and then turning Auto tan off.
- If you have turned Auto Tan off, your manager (units, manager) can manually queue "Tan a Hide" jobs. This is also useful if for some reason Auto Tan ignores a skin.
- In v.50+, a butchered animal will drop a skin that will be turned into multiple pieces of leather based on the animal's size. A cow gives 2 leather, whereas a giant elephant gives 10 leather per animal
Ashery · Bowyer · Butcher · Carpenter · Clothier · Craftsdwarf · Dyer · Farmer · Fishery · Jeweler · Kitchen · Leather · Loom · Magma forge · Stoneworker · Mechanic · Metalsmith's forge · Millstone · Quern · Screw press · Siege · Still · Soap · Tanner
Glass furnace (Magma) · Kiln (Magma) · Smelter (Magma) · Wood furnace