|This article was migrated from DF2014:Farmer's workshop and may be inaccurate for the current version of DF (v50.11). See this page for more information.|
- - -:
Any Workshop Farming:
|This article is about the current version of DF.|
Note that some content may still need to be updated.
The Farmer's workshop is the workshop used for any jobs involving processing plants or animal products. It is built from any construction material, and must be built by a dwarf with the Plant processing, Milking, Shearer, Spinner, or Cheese making labors enabled. Gelding also occurs at a farmer's workshop. This is not a selectable menu option: instead, any animals that are designated to be gelded will automatically be assigned a gelding job at a farmer's workshop.
- Process Plants - make thread from plants (pig tails, rope reed, flax plants, jute plants, hemp plants, cotton plants, ramie plants, and kenaf plants)
- Process Plants (Barrel) - with an empty barrel, turn sweet pods into dwarven syrup & seeds
- Process Plants (Vial) - with an empty vial, turn valley herbs into golden salve
- Make Cheese - make cheese from any milk
- Milk Creature - with an empty bucket, milk a milkable creature
- Shear Creature - shear wool from alpacas, llamas and sheep (or tame troll)
- Spin Thread - make thread from wool (see previous), or from hair from other creatures
- Process plant to bag - with an empty bag, process quarry bushes into leaves and rock nuts
- Make sheet from plant - make papyrus sheets from the papyrus sedge plant
- If a text is red then you lack the raw material to perform that task.
- Turn plants into thread, for weaving at a loom.
- Turn certain plants into food and extracts
- Harvest milk and turn it into cheese.