v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|(full version history)|
|* Broke save-compatibility|
This version, DF 0.34.01, was released on February 14, 2012. The last version was v0.34.11, released on June 4, 2012. This page lists the changes in version 0.34.01 of Dwarf Fortress.
As with all major releases, version 0.34.01 broke save compatibility with old versions. Due to a major save corruption bug, version 0.34.02 broke compatibility with 0.34.01.
- cities in adventure mode that have various buildings, dungeons, items, livestock, etc.
- protect your community from secret vampire dwarves or hunt them as an adventurer
- defend your fort during the full moon or risk a werewolf infestion -- hunt/be hunted as an adventurer
- face armies of the dead in dwarf mode or visit their necromancers' towers and learn their secrets as an adventurer
- evil regions where the dead and pieces of the dead can come alive, with evil mists and rain
- tombs built in world gen which can be visited in adv mode, either beneath towns or out in the wilds -- beware the dead!
- revamped justice/witness/death notification system in dwarf mode
- immigrants to your fortress will now be historical figures whenever possible, which means more family relationships and history for each one
- dropped items/bodies tracked between plays in the wilderness anywhere in the world
- more battlefield information tracked/war dead raisable in world gen
- all sponsorship animals and their giant/man versions are in the game now
- various new abilities for creatures (see file_changes.txt for list and syntax)
- adventurers can use creature abilities/learned powers and they can be tested from the arena
- new site travel map to make navigating towns easier
- reading/swimming/observer (for traps) relevant in adv mode now
- established historical figures can lead bandits
- rivers block movement in adv mode travel
- eating/drinking required in adv mode
- ingested syndromes are now possible
- ability to make campfire (from g) and warm items at campfire/fire/magma (from I) in adv mode
- traps work in adv mode, once spotted they can be ignored
- gems now have different cuts
- Necromancers can write books about various topics (all books are in their towers as it stands)
- moon phase indicator in fort
- alphanumeric world gen seeds and some more world gen params (see file_changes.txt)
- the legends xml has a lot of new info for historical figures
Major bug fixes
- buffer overload from aborted world gen fixed
- fixed cave-in-on-embark issue with hidden underground structure, and a few others
Other bug fixes/tweaks
- designations over z levels all at once now possible
- unit screen divided into four sections
- rivers/pools have ramps now
- able to trade portions of stacks in both modes
- messed with adv mode currency trading and made items teleport to you
- tweaked how fire damage works
- made vision work through floor grates and bars properly
- fixed some road/bridge problems
- crystal glass items possible again
- tweaked adventure mode swimming and alt-movement readout (use alt-movement to get into a river you want to cross)
- skeletons/zombies replaced by animation effect
- demons masquerading as gods will try a little harder
- restricted mandates so they'll be more reasonable
- stopped blank map from being exported when you back out of detailed map export
Please add bugs to Known bugs and issues. Please do not add them to this page.