Any Workshop Farming:
|This article is about the current version of DF.|
The Farmer's workshop is the workshop used for any jobs involving processing plants or animal products. It is built with any construction material, and it must be built by a dwarf with the Plant processing, Milking, Shearer, Spinner, or Cheese making labor enabled.
Gelding also occurs at a farmer's workshop. This is not a selectable menu option: instead, any animals that are designated to be gelded will automatically be assigned a gelding job at a farmer's workshop.
- (Process Plants - make thread from plants (pig tails, rope reed, flax plants, jute plants, hemp plants, cotton plants, ramie plants, and kenaf plants)
- (Process Plants (Barrel) - with an empty barrel, turn sweet pods into dwarven syrup & seeds )
- (Process Plants (Vial) - with an empty vial, turn valley herbs into golden salve )
- (Make Cheese - make cheese from any milk )
- (Milk Creature - with an empty bucket, milk a milkable creature )
- (Shear Creature - shear wool from alpacas, llamas and sheep (or tame troll) )
- (Spin Thread - make thread from wool (see previous), or from hair from other creatures )
- (Process plant to bag - with an empty bag, process quarry bushes into leaves and rock nuts )
- (n/a) Make sheet from plant - make papyrus sheets from the papyrus sedge plant
- If a text is red then you lack the raw material to perform that task.
- Turn plants into thread, for weaving at a loom.
- Turn certain plants into food and extracts
- Harvest milk and turn it into cheese.
|Workshops & Furnaces|
|Workshops||Ashery • Bowyer • Butcher • Carpenter • Clothier • Craftsdwarf • Dyer • Farmer • Fishery • Jeweler • Kitchen • Leather • Loom • Magma forge • Mason • Mechanic • Metalsmith's forge • Millstone • Quern • Screw press • Siege • Still • Soap • Tanner|
|Furnaces||Glass furnace • Magma glass furnace • Kiln • Magma kiln • Smelter • Magma smelter • Wood furnace|
|Related Articles||Clutter • Kennel • Shop • Trade depot|