v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
The metalsmith's forge is a workshop used by dwarves to turn metal bars into useful objects such as weapons, armor, furniture, coins, ammunition for siege equipment and crossbows, trap components, and other finished goods. To build a forge, you must have fire-safe materials and an anvil. Every use of the forge, except for studding, consumes one unit of fuel (coke or charcoal).
Workshop labors and skills
Several different types of items can be created at a metalsmith's forge; dwarves will need the correct type of labor enabled for each. The labors used at a forge are:
- Weaponsmithing -- weapons, trap components, bolts, and ballista arrowheads
- Armoring (armorer) -- armor
- Metalcrafting -- chains, and everything in the "Other Objects" category (crafts, coins, goblets, studding, etc.), except anvils
- Blacksmithing -- Anvils, blocks, and all furniture except chains.
Glass furnace (Magma) · Kiln (Magma) · Smelter (Magma) · Wood furnace
Clutter · Kennel · Shop · Trade depot