- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
Furnace is an umbrella term for different workshops that are used to heat materials, and that often produce only intermediary products, items that are then used to create something else for the final product.
Normal furnaces must be built from gray stone blocks by a mason after being designed by a building designer, while magma furnaces must be built using steel bars by a metalsmith. Normal furnaces (excluding the wood furnace) are powered by fuel, while magma furnaces are powered by the heat from magma by being placed with their left or right center tile hanging over the magma flow.
All these are constructed using the Furnaces submenu (via b, e).
See main articles for a full discussion, esp of magma versions.
- Shortcut: b, e, s
- Materials used: ore, metal bars, limestone, fuel (and metal objects to be melted)
- Items made: coke, metal bars
- Feeds into: Forges
- Shortcut: b, e, l
Magma versions use charcoal or coke for pig iron and steel production only.
- Shortcut: b, e, g
- Materials used: sand, pearlash, rock crystal, fuel
- Items made: glass objects
- Glass objects are final products
Magma glass furnace
- Shortcut: b, e, a
- Feeds into: higher quality glass production
- Shortcut: b, e, n
Barracks • Bedroom • Dining room • Jail • Meeting hall • Office • Sculpture garden • Tomb • Zoo
Lever • Pressure plate • Trap • Support
Archery target • Kennel • Shop • Siege engine • Trade depot • Wagon • Well