|This article was migrated from DF2014:Slurry and may be inaccurate for the current version of DF (v50.07). See this page for more information.|
|This article is about the current version of DF.|
Note that some content may still need to be updated.
|This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please view the Bugs section for details.|
The labor associated with making slurries is papermaking, under crafts - not milling, as one might expect from the building.
Oddly enough, despite not being food, slurries are stored in the food stockpile as a paste.
Here is a workflow for making plant slurry:
- Build stoneworker's workshop (Building > Workshops > Stoneworker)
- Produce stone quern using stoneworkers workshop (input: stone)
- Build quern (Building > Workshop > Farming > Quern)
- Add plant stockpile near your quern
- Have your dwarves gather plants
- Set a work order for your quern to produce 'slurry' if fewer than 10 'globs' exist (input: plants) (Note: You need a dwarf with the 'Manager' role and an office assigned to use work orders. You can do that from Citizens > Nobles and Administrators)
- Slurry stored on the floor in food stockpile (not in a barrel/pot) will trigger a Clean job, resulting in the glob being destroyed.Bug:9884 As a work-around, one can use the custom stockpile feature to disable paste from being stored in food stockpiles, and the slurry will remain safely in the quern/millstone until need at a screw press.
|More: Gems • Metals • Stones|
|See also: Material science|